Data Protection Statement for website
The operators of this site take the protection of your personal data very seriously. We treat your personal data confidentially in accordance with the statutory data protection regulations and present Data Protection Statement.
1. Name and Contact Data of Data Controller, Internal Data Protection Officer
The present data protection information applies to data processing by:
Data Controller: Patent Attorneys Vollmann Hemmer Lindfeld Partnerschaft mbB
Wallstr. 33a, D-23560 Lübeck, Germany
Telephone: +49 (0)451 – 75 888
Fax: +49 (0)451 – 70 70 899
The internal data protection officer of Patent Attorneys Vollmann & Hemmer can be reached at the above address, att. Dr Lindfeld, or at
When visiting our website www.vhl-patent.de, the browser used by your device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is stored temporarily in a so-called logfile. The following data are logged without your intervention and stored up to their automated deletion:
- IP address of the accessing computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of downloaded files,
- Websites from which access is made (referrer URL),
- the browser used, possibly the operating system of your computer, and the name of your access provider.
These data cannot be allocated to a particular user. There is no aggregation of these data with data from other sources. We reserve the right to review the data if we have concrete indications of their unlawful use.
The above data are processed by us for the following purposes:
- To ensure the problem-free establishment of a connection to the website,
- To ensure the easy use of our website
- To evaluate system security and stability; as well as
- for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Sec. 6 Subsec. 1 Cl. 1 lit. f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest is based on the above-mentioned data collection purposes. In no case will the collected data be used to identify you.
3. Data Transfer
Your personal data are not transferred to a third party for purposes other than those listed below:
- If you have granted your explicit consent under Sec. 6 Subsec. 1 Cl. 1 lit. a) GDPR,
- If the transfer is required under Sec. 6 Subsec. 1 Cl. lit. 1 f) GDPR to assert, exercise or defend a legal claim and there is no reason to assume an overriding protection-worthy interest on your part in the non-disclosure of your data,
- in the event of a legal obligation to the transfer under Sec. 6 Subsec. 1 Cl. 1 lit. c) GDPR,
- if legally permitted and required under Sec. 6 Subsec. 1 Cl. lit. 1 b) GDPR for the performance of a contractual relationship with you.
4. Rights of Data Subjects
You have the right:
- Under Sec. 15 GDPR, to demand information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you may demand information on the processing purposes, the personal data category, the category of the recipient to whom your data were or will be disclosed, the intended storage period, the existence of a right to correction, deletion, processing limitation or objection, the right to complain, the origin of the data except when these were collected by us, and on the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and possibly meaningful information on the details.
- Under Sec. 16 GDPR, to demand the prompt correction of incorrect or the completion of personal data stored by us;
- Under Sec. 17 GDPR, to demand the deletion of your personal data stored by us when not required for processing to exercise the right of free expression or information, to meet a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend a legal claim;
- Under Sec. 18 GDPR, to demand a restriction on the processing of your personal data if the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, processing is unlawful but you refuse their deletion and we no longer require the data while you still require them to assert, exercise or defend a legal claim, or if you have lodged an objection to processing under Sec. 21 GDPR;
- Under Sec. 20 GDPR, to demand the maintenance of your personal data supplied to us in a well-structured, prevailing and machine-readable format or their transfer to another data controller;
- Under Sec. 7 Subsec. 3 GDPR, to revoke your consent once granted at any time. This has a result that from then on we are no longer permitted to continue the data processing for which the consent was declared; and
- Under Sec. 77 GDPR, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority competent for your customary place of residence or worksite, or for our law office.
5. Right to Objection
If and when your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interest as per Sec. 6 Subsec. 1 Cl. 1 f) GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your data if there are reasons that result from particular personal circumstances or if the objection is directed at direct mail. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection that is implemented by us without the need for particular personal circumstances. If you wish to make use of your right of revocation or objection, an email to suffices.
6. Data Security
For reasons of security, we use for access to our website and to protect confidentiality of contents the prevailing SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol in conjunction with the highest available encryption level that your browser supports. Whether or not a particular page of our web presence is transferred encrypted can be seen by the change from http:// auf https:// in the address line of the browser and by the key or padlock symbol in the line.
We also make of suitable technical and organisational measures to protect your data from fortuitous or premeditated manipulations, partial or complete loss, deletion or unauthorized access by a third party. Our security measures are continuously being improved in line with the latest technical developments.
7. Relevance und Amendment of Data Protection Statement
This Data Protection Statement is up-to-date and dated February 2019.
The ongoing development of our website and offers resulting from or due to changed requirements from laws or authorities may make it necessary to amend the present Statement. The latest Data Protection Statement can be downloaded for printing from our website at https://www.vhl-patent.de/datenschutz at any time.